THE BAOBAB TREE
As distinctly African symbols, Baobab trees aren’t just known for providing shade and nourishment but
they are also a central part of tradition, legend and folks lore. It is believed that Kings and elders would hold their meetings under the Baobab tree, with the belief that the tree’s spirits would guide them to successful
decision-making. The baobab is the listening tree and stand proud as a true symbol of life in Africa.
Adansonia Management Services Ltd with registered office at Suite 1, PERRIERI OFFICE SUITES, C2-302, Level 3, Office Block C, La Croisette, Grand Baie, 30517, Mauritius (“we” or “us”) is committed to working in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), where applicable and Data Protection Act 2017 (‘DPA’) and with the highest standards of ethical conduct. Adansonia Management Services Ltd is a provider of fiduciary and administration services licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius.
Adansonia Management Services Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Data Protection Office of Mauritius and is subject to certain obligations under the Data Protection Act 2017 of Mauritius as regards the collection, processing, storing and sharing of your personal data, to ensure privacy, confidentiality and integrity of such data. The Mauritius Data Protection Act 2017 was promulgated in view to be compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The use of information collected through our service and connected websites shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Adansonia Management Services Ltd and/or its affiliate companies (collectively referred to as “Adansonia Holdings”).
This Policy concerns individuals outside our organisation, including visitors to our websites, customers and suppliers with whom the Adansonia Group interacts in one way or the other.
Adansonia Management Services and Adansonia Holdings collects and processes personal data when you contact us via email or telephone or by any other means of communications; as part of our client on-boarding procedure, when managing transactions for or on behalf of customers; or when you visit our website.
Generally, you will have provided any such data to us. However, in some cases, we may collect data about you from a third-party source, such as government or other agencies, a service provider or from public records.
Your consent to provide us with your personal data is required prior to the lawful processing of your data in line with your engagement with Adansonia Holdings.
You have the right to withdraw consent to Adansonia Holdings as regards to the processing of your personal data at any time. Should you wish to exercise this right, you will have to inform Adansonia Holdings in writing.
Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, your personal data may still be processed by Adansonia Holdings in performance of its legal obligations.
All client and personal data is processed under the control of Adansonia Holdings in Mauritius.
Information We Collect
The Personal Data, as defined under the GDPR/DPA, which we process includes certain information which can be used to identify the person in question (“Data Subject”, or “you”).
The Personal Data we collect and Process about you is as follows:
To manage our relationship with you, which includes:
- Providing our services.
- Asking you to take a survey.
- Raising awareness of our brand.
- Using data analytics to improve our products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- To verify your identity and other information you have provided to us, including the identity of your business associates.
- To fulfil our legal obligation.
- For our reporting and management.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you and are related to the information or services we have previously provided.
- Information obtained by completing any forms on our web site, adansoniamanagement.com or www.adansoniaholdings.com (Our Sites).
- Communicating to you the latest news, events, changes in legislation and updates in technological and business solutions
Sharing of Information:
The information we collect is not shared with any organisations, except to provide products or services requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal process.
- To investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service
- To third-party service provider as stated under Third Party disclosure
If Adansonia Holdings Limited or Adansonia Management Services Limited is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, our Clients will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership.
Third Party Disclosure
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve Our Site and our service. For Our Site, we use Google Analytics as an Analytics Provider. Only aggregated and anonymized data is transferred.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients as long as needed to provide services to our client. Adansonia Management Services Ltd will retain and use this personal information, even after the completion of the relationship, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Keeping In Touch With You
Where we have reason under legitimate interest to update you about our services we may reasonably do so. You may opt out at any time.
Where you request us to add you to a subscription list to receive certain information we will do so and communicate with you in your chosen method as applicable. You may request to be removed from such lists at any time.
As is the case with most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
This information is used to administer, assist us in any troubleshooting to support our users and maintain the stability and performance of Our Site.
Data Subject Rights
The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access the information we hold about you.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data or exercise any of his/her rights to restrict or erase his/her Personal Data should contact us, the Data Controller, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adansonia Management Services Limited or Adansonia Holdings Limited will make reasonable effort to promptly fulfil our clients’ request.
Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Commissioner through the Data Protection Office.
Security Of Data
We are committed to taking steps to ensure that Personal Data is protected, and to prevent any unauthorised access, unauthorised changes, accidental loss, destruction, unlawful processing, equipment failure or human error, and will do this through the continual monitoring of our security systems and by regular training and raising awareness.
Any data breaches will be managed according to the Company’s procedures and concerned data subjects will be notified of same as soon as possible. Unless otherwise directed by legal obligation, any requests from a governmental body shall be referred to the Data Controller.
Data Protection Measures
The Company is committed to ensuring the security of Personal Data and to processing it in line with the Data Protection rules. As such, the Company will:
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities and the Company’s obligations and responsibilities in relation to data protection;
- Ensure that all staff and individuals/organisations who handle data on behalf of the Company are appropriately trained and receive refresher training on a regular basis;
- Ensure that all staff and individuals/organisations who handle data on our behalf are regularly monitored, assessed and reviewed;
- Ensure that all organisations who handle data on our behalf are carrying out data processing in line with the Data Protection rules;
- Regularly review the Company’s methods of data collection, handling, processing and storage.